- Access to Batik Boutique Craft Workshop
- Snacks – Coffee and tea, biscuits or local kuih available
- Craft Equipment – Tools, dye, and materials
BATIK BOUTIQUE CRAFT WORKSHOP
Batik crafting is a must-do activity when you’re in Sri Hartamas. Held in a neat little shop in Sri Hartamas, the Batik Craft Workshop has workstations for each one to work on their craft, with individual sets of materials and aprons. You will come to notice that the station you are assigned to will have your name labelled on it, setting a very welcoming tone.
The session starts off with a brief introduction to batik, as well as the humble origins of how Batik Boutique came to be with soft music accompanying in the background for nostalgia. A local expert and teacher of the day would then explain how its social enterprise was founded to assist lower-income women to earn a sustainable wage, that is through crafting batik.
This hands-on workshop not only lets you increase the batik craft awareness and their social cause, but also expands your knowledge and skill in making journals, cotton pareos, silk scarves, tote bags, tumbler inserts, tea towels, throw cushions, and so much more. The idea of how batik is intrinsically connected to nature helps build an experience that is important for the industry to move forward and sustain itself.
It is also here you learn that in spite of the breakneck speed of economic development, it is inspiring to know that modernisation hardly changes the true essence of batik crafting. The best part is undeniably to take home with you the personalized Batik Boutique product you have made.
- Minimum of two (2) pax required to confirm booking
- NOT suitable for children under twelve (12) years old
- Workshop duration: 3 – 4 hours estimated
- If you have ideas for designs or drawings, bring along, otherwise Batik Boutique can provide inspiration and templates
- The best transport method to reach Batik Boutique is by Grab. The address is also accessible on Waze under “Batik Boutique”
- This ticket is refundable if it has not been redeemed.
- Tickets that have been redeemed at the counter will not be refunded.
- There will be a 10% cancellation fee for all refunds.
- All tickets are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- You do not need to print the ticket, simply present the QR code via your phone.
- In order to redeem your ticket, please proceed to the attraction’s counters.
- MyKad or MyKid must be presented at the attraction for purchase of Malaysian – with MyKad type tickets.