- Hotel Transfer within Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya and Damansara area only
- Private Transportation for duration of the tour
- English speaking guide-driver
- All entrance tickets as per itinerary
- Mineral water bottle
FIREFLIES & BUKIT ROTAN TEMPLE TOUR
RM403.00 – RM533.00
A trip to Kuala Selangor would be incomplete without seeing the fireflies. Having said that, aside from the fireflies boat ride, this Fireflies Tour includes:
Rubber & Palm Tree Plantation (drive past only)
Along the tour, you’ll drive past a rubber & palm tree plantation. It’s one of those road trip sceneries that prompts you to whip out your camera and go on an impromptu photo shoot. Enjoy the breathtaking view!
Just an hour’s drive from Malaysia’s capital city lies one of the country’s “other Kualas”, the charming laid-back town of Kuala Selangor. A “travel back in time” drive begins on the Coastal Road and be prepared for the charms Kuala Selangor has to offer.
Bukit Melawati (Lighthouse)
Established as a pleasing tourism hotspot that includes a lighthouse and historical fortress, the main reason to go uphill is to catch sight of the silver-leafed monkeys and long-tailed macaques. These monkeys are agile, gentle, playful and will delight you with their mischievous charm. The silver-leafed monkeys are unique in nature as they are only found in a few countries, Malaysia being one of them.
Also, view the Kuala Selangor Lighthouse, known as Altingsburg Lighthouse. This lighthouse played an integral part in navigating ships across the peninsula from 1907 until today. It is 27-meters high and its light can be seen 18 nautical miles away. Even though you can’t go inside, that doesn’t mean you can’t snap some lovely pictures of the lighthouse.
Bukit Rotan Hindu Temple
Known as Sri Shakti Temple too, this Hindu temple is the only temple in the world where manifestations of all 51 Shaktis are installed. Encircled by a huge decorative wall, entrance into the temple is via a magnificent Raja Gopuram. Soaring to a height of 74 feet, the 5-tiered Raja Gopuram is a proud proclamation of the architectural treasures within. Boasting complex architectural details, intricate sculptural designs and other unique features, Bukit Rotan’s Sri Shakti Temple certainly exemplifies the best of Indian architecture in Malaysia.
Fisherman Village (drive past only)
Kuala Selangor Fishing Village is located along Selangor River bear to Pasir Penambang. Famous and popular among the people at Kuala Lumpur and Klang Valley, as well as foreign tourists, people usually come to Kuala Selangor to taste the fresh seafood. Here, you’ll catch a glimpse of the life of the fishermen living in houses built on stilts. Seeing the seascape and sunset here really does put you at ease from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Seafood Dinner @ Riverside Restaurant (at own cost)
Enjoy a scrumptious seafood meal at Riverside Seafood Restaurant. Notably, one of the best seafood restaurants around the area, the taste and quality of their seafood can give restaurants in bigger towns a run for their money. It’s certainly a feast that is bound to satisfy and leave you smacking your lips.
Dine and Watch Eagles & Sunset
Apart from the delicious food served, the restaurant’s dining area treats its guests with a soothing view of the river. Enjoy watching the eagles fly and see the sunset as you take bites from your plate. It’s a perfect ambience for your evening!
Fireflies Boat Ride
Kuala Selangor is one of the few remaining places in Malaysia that will allow you to have a glimpse of these magical living light bulbs. Enjoy a calm boat ride on the Selangor River and witness the enchanting colony of fireflies. This experience of seeing these wonderful natural flickering lights at night is truly a sight to behold and cherish. Be mindful to keep your voice down and avoid flash photography to get the best out of this mesmerizing experience.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring extra clothes for changing.
- Tour pick-up and drop-off are based only in Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya and Damansara area – there will be additional charges for areas apart from these.
- Car baby seats can be provided upon request.
- This ticket is refundable if it has not been redeemed.
- Tickets that have been redeemed at the counter will not be refunded.
- There will be a 10% cancellation fee for all refunds.
- All tickets are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- You do not need to print the ticket, simply present the QR code via your phone.
- In order to redeem your ticket, please proceed to the attraction’s counters.
- MyKad or MyKid must be presented at the attraction for purchase of Malaysian – with MyKad type tickets.