- 45 minute Melaka River Cruise
MELAKA RIVER CRUISE
RM15.00 – RM30.00
What’s a good way to explore the city of Melaka at a relaxing pace? By boat, of course! Melaka River is where it all began. The Melaka River Cruise will take you on a journey through the city’s colorful history.It is the only river journey in South East Asia that takes you back through these 600 years of history. You’ll get to see a juxtaposition of both the old and new part of Melaka city along the way. Long time ago, it was known as the “Venice of the East” due to the establishment of trading hub of merchant ships from all over the world.
The cruise covers 9 km and takes around 45 minutes for a round trip. Being sheltered from the elements at open sea, you’re not likely to get seasick. The boat seats 40 passengers. Most of the seats are under cover but not the front row seats which have the best views. People in the front row seats are however, subject to splashes from the bow wave. The cruise is available during the daytime as well as at night which gives you the best of both worlds: the natural beauty of the area enjoyed under the sunlight as well as the illumination and reflections of the night lights in the water.
Melaka River cruise has become the main attraction in Melaka now that the river has been cleaned up and buildings along the banks have been restored. It is a good activity to see many interesting sights along the way such as historical buildings, bridges, iconic landmark and colorful murals that illustrate Melaka’s unique heritage and culture.
Cruise passenger can just sit back and enjoy taking lots of pictures of the surrounding sights. There is a recorded commentary in Malay and English for history learning and interesting facts. You can survey the many restaurants and bars by the riverside, in case you want to head out there for dinner or drinks later. This river cruise is very popular to both local and international tourists. The journey is not difficult or strenuous, so it’s something that everyone can do. Either you are coming in as individual or family group, Melaka River Cruise would always entertain you with an unforgettable sightseeing experience.
- Free entrance for children under two (2) years old
- Opening Hours: 9:00 am – 11:00 pm | 7 days a week, including school & public holidays
- Closed every Friday from 12:15 pm – 2:45 pm
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing time
- This ticket is refundable if it has not been redeemed
- Tickets that has been redeemed at the counter will not be refunded
- There will be a 10% cancellation fee for all refunds
- All tickets are valid for 6 months from date of purchase
- You do not need to print the ticket, simply present the QR code via your phone
- In order to redeem your ticket, please proceed to the attraction’s counters
- MyKad or MyKid must be presented at the attraction for purchase of Malaysian – with MyKad type tickets
- Identification card for age verification must be presented at the attraction for purchase of Children type tickets