- Admission ticket to Penang War Museum
PENANG WAR MUSEUM
RM12.00 – RM38.00
Located in the South East corner of Penang Island, the Penang War Museum sits on 20 acres of hilltop land that was once the site of a British military fortress, built in the 1930’s to protect the island from a possible Japanese invasion by sea.
During the Japanese occupation of Penang Island, the Japanese used this fortress as an army base and prison, where the torture and interrogation of prisoners was conducted. After WWII, the fortress was abandoned and the jungle took over again. Some 30 years later the job of reclaiming the land started to take place and the War Museum was opened as both a memorial and educational centre.
Today, most of the buildings and underground tunnels built by the British Royal Engineers and a local labour force are still there for you to wander around, with a lot of old photographs and information signs about the artifacts and the way of life of the soldiers and prisoners that once lived here.
- Free entrance for children under five (5) years old
- Opening Hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm | 7 days a week, including school & public holidays
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing time
- This ticket is refundable if it has not been redeemed
- Tickets that has been redeemed at the counter will not be refunded
- There will be a 10% cancellation fee for all refunds
- All tickets are valid for 6 months from date of purchase
- You do not need to print the ticket, simply present the QR code via your phone
- In order to redeem your ticket, please proceed to the attraction’s counters
- MyKad or MyKid must be presented at the attraction for purchase of Malaysian – with MyKad type tickets
- Identification card for age verification must be presented at the attraction for purchase of Children type tickets